Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Nudism that human thing...


In my early career as a nudist I first started attending swims indoors, in public pools, during winter.

And I thought I knew something, in my basic understanding.
Since I had gone to a nude swim or 2.
The age grade, the demographic of the east side swim that I attended, set itself as predominately seniors.
So I thought to myself, "ah, nudism, right, its that seniors thing".
Seniors=nudism.
Its in the nature of human understanding to form patterns, to make "guesses" and to assume.

Then later as I attended more nude events in different areas, sometimes it was predominately hippies in hotsprings. Then I thought, "right, right, nudism-that hippie thing. Or later at Burning Man, that burner thing. Or when the majority seemed to be Gay men; Oh' Nudism, that gay thing.

Perhaps now, seeing babies, I'll say "nudism- that human thing..."

No comments: