Sunday, February 20, 2011

Surprise!

Surprise!!!

These days bringing laptops through customs is yet another thing to be scanned, processed and poked at.
Stacking them up with hard drives wont help you get through security any faster. But what surprised me was upon leaving Mexican customs
they asked to see them again. Turns out there are some strange "age of the machine" and importation regulations now.
Surprisingly they wanted to see the operating system and specs. Well, when you boot up my Acer with the Lubuntu OS you get
the annual Wreck beach photo of the summer.
I would recommend it as a screen saver, certain to get a laugh, and get you out of any bureaucratic snafu
where you are required to open and show your computer.
Popping it open brought amusement to many of the passengers and guards.


I have been running into hard of hearing people lately, and as much as I sympathize, I find it frustrating dealing with the deaf.
I had a somewhat deaf taxi driver recently, and rather than recount the "comedy of errors", I would say it was amusing (but certainly not at the time of the ride).

No comments: