Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Critical mass, ass, smoking and transvestites






Dear, many, many fans/readers and concerned people, and oh' yes the government intelligence agencies.

I have had many new adventures and a few humorous experiences I'd like to try getting out.We certainly had some good times in Uruguay and Punta del Diablo.






The Tobacco companies are regulated like in Canada and use these anti smoking adverts where they sell tobacco. But, really I hadnt seen any like these in Uruguay...

The little beach stores, are haphazardly constructed from old sheds or beach huts or what-have-you.

So, where we bought our bubbly water (after our long hike) has these 2 counters facing each other, rather close, and with a low roof/ceiling, and with me being a little taller; well the inverted, lit up adds, facing each other , formed this kind of red lit tunnel- the tunnel of shame, I call it!

Since no where else would such poor advertising ( I had to duck them, to see and to pay the cashier) and poor placement, and such an anti sales kind of signage, be used. It struck me as so funny, this contradiction, on one hand wanting to sell cigarettes and the other, to use the regulated signs, and then, not having the head clearance to see anything else.

Ahhhh, the horror of smoking! Nooooo, make it stop!

I laughed and laughed.


Speaking of laughing...


We rented local city bikes for Buenos Aires critical mass, orange bikes that hurt our asses.

We rode and rode around the city, a party on wheels. All good fun.

We rode with a family on our way back through the beautiful night parks of Palermo. 2 young teens and their mother. Thought it nice to have some company on the ride home. But wow, were we surprised. We rode through Buenos Aires transvestite red-light strip, with maybe 40 prostitutes each with their own street light to stand under. I didnt notice so many cars perusing their wares yet. But cycling past, one sees this silhouette, but often an unearthly large one, of a scantily clad, provocatively dressed woman... and then, the light- Blam! Monster-tranny-creature-of-the-night! with their breast out and sometimes their penis hanging out. Well I guess its a slow night, those high heels are hurting and might as well show the product, right? Anyways, it was such a funny, funhouse surprise, and with the 2 young teen brother and sister riding bikes, I laughed and laughed; how could Eddie Murphy be so wrong!


So, yes, I am still here, going to contact Dance Jams every night if I can. My skills are getting better, people even come to me to dance, (rather than me chasing them down). I am wearing out my toes and have to tape them. I have my own little room, actually large room with bathroom in an old colonial building. My ceiling must be 16-18 feet tall, and with a weird loft that I must climb to get to (they took out the stairs due to regulations).

L



No comments: